Sunday, October 14, 2012

10/14 - Korean 한굴 class and more!

Today we had 한굴 class in Kalamazoo.  The girls did great and it was an all around good time.  I really like Mr. and Mrs. Lee (they own Lee's Bimibop in Kalamazoo).  We also had a more comprehensive lesson on the consonants: ㅂ ㄱ ㅅ ㄹ ㅁ ㄴ ㅇ.  Mr. Lee made me write the characters about a jillion times until I did it exactly the way he wanted, it seemed like he hated me today or something but I know he didn't.  My name in 한굴 is 사라 호톤.  



On Monday, we went to Sushiya for Boo's birthday.  It was great - 대박!  Boo and I shared a hot stone bowl of their Gopdal Bimibop and a WMU roll (all sushi should be battered and deep-fried).  Tater had a bowl of rice - plain white rice (weirdo) and Grandma tried a Crazy Boy roll and Sour Grapes had like the cheapest roll on the menu, which didn't fill him up.  He thought it was too expensive - he's retarded.

Wednesday I made Japchae 잡채 and it turned out pretty well.  It's Boo's favorite dish.  She and J took some to school the next day in their little Bento boxes.  Adorable.  This time I got beef cut super thin from the store and put broccoli, zucchini, green peppers, Shitake 'shrooms, carrots and green onions in it. 

Boo's been on a Kimchi 김치 kick lately, so think it's time to make a new batch.  Maybe if I do, I'll bring some to Mr. & Mrs. Lee next Sunday.

Boo and I are really looking forward to seeing BigBang next month in New Jersey at the Prudential Center.  I can't wait.  The following day we're going to Manhattan to go to K-Town. 
Yep - can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment